Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Vanity of Political Identity

I always say I have unpopular political beliefs, but I really don't believe that.  I think most people agree with what I say.  They're just not used to identifying as anything other than a liberal and when someone starts making sense with an argument they're programmed to deflect, they react very negatively.

For shame.  Principle, not partisanship, should dictate our political beliefs.  Identifying with a political group should never be more important than objectively assessing a situtation and applying principles of right and wrong.  For many, many people, being known as a liberal is more important to them than fighting for what's right - regardless of what label might be thrust upon them.  This is beyond grotesque.

I don't care what anyone labels me.  I call it like I see it.  Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment