Monday, May 2, 2011

Bin Laden Bin Laid to Rest

I am not ashamed to say that there are some deaths that I can celebrate.  I felt that way about Pinochet, about Hussein, and now about Bin Laden.  The world is far better off to have these mass murderous sons of bitches underground.  If one cares at all about the sanctity of life, than the death of Bin Laden should be considered something to infinitely celebrate.  Funny how that works out - but true nonetheless.

I am proud of President Obama, but mostly I am proud of our military and counter-terrorism people who most likely are the real heroes here.  They likely figured all this out and just needed Obama to sign off on it.  And he did - which is hugely to his credit and, though I have my issues with this President, I can give credit where credit is due.
We all know this is isn't the end of anything, but a huge step forward.  It's a little tiny sliver of salvation for the many thousands of people who lost a loved one on 9/11.  It's validation for our War on Terror.  It's hope that we can defeat a network of terrorists who keep trying to kill innocent people because they are "infidels."

I delight in Bin Laden's death.  It's a blessing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment